Wednesday, November 12, 2008

About spoiling market

*Gasp* Did you hear anything about the market that has been spoilt?

Jiejie mumbled this to me last night while I was half asleep so I didn't really hear very clearly, beauty sleep is more important, no?

I vaguely remember her saying things about ".... you are spoiling market.... dogs are supposed to watch the house and be the last to fall asleep.... why are you sleeping so early?.... now Mummy thinks that Korkor and I aren't sensible.... She said you are the most sensible.... you happy now.... you spoilt the market!"

Singlish (Singaporean English) Definition: spoil market
n.

  1. A term used to describe someone who does his work so well, he makes his colleagues look bad.
    “Check out how Ah Seng's report! Got leather binding and colour transparencies! He damn spoil market one.”
Source: www.talkingcock.com

I wonder which market is that? Could it be the Boon Lay Market? Thats the nearest market that I can remember. Oh no, does that means no more Midnight Express Nasi Lemak supper for Korkor ! *yawn*
Korkor: -_-"

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bee Bee!
I am not so sure about spoiling markets but sure nodoby is better than me going to sleep early!
Watchdog?? Not me!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bee Bee said...

Heehee Lorenza, yep yep who say we are watchdogs! Beauty sleep is so important - how much longer will it take before the human finally realize this? Oh well... :)

Cocoa the Beagle said...

If that is the case, we are market spoilers too kekekeke! Beauty sleep is VERY important!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley