Wednesday, September 24, 2008

About my immune system

Thank you folks who asked about what's wrong with me that I need to date the vet so frequently. It is embarassing but I'll tell you anyhow....

Despite my very hyperactive nature, I have an immune system disorder which is otherwise known as allergy. I don't know how true it is but they said skin allergy is quite common for my breed. From what I gather, allergy doesn't do much.... UNTIL when your immune system is weakened :(

I don't know what I am allergic to but when the immune system is weakened, I get unwelcomed visitors - Mr & Mrs Fungus :( When the immune system is strong, it will rejects these visitors. But when it is weak, the immune system cannot handle the fungal infection.

There are many causes for allergies. One of them being diet. The vegetarian diet was an attempt to find out if I am allergic to what I was eating before (i.e. meat).

I've been relying on medication all these while and that worries Jiejie, Korkor and everyone who knows about this.

This is what will happen after every trip to the vet :(

Jiejie will cut the tablets into the required dosage while Korkor will be responsible of packing my medication for individual days. I don't understand why they don't have the tablets available in different dosage though.
Jiejie: Ya! Why must they have weird instructions like ½ tablet or ¾ tablet? *grumbles*

4 comments:

The Musketeers said...

hehe , my sister won't hide my toy , cause she knows no matter where she put , i will find it within a few seconds :D


Loves

The Musketeers said...

gee , thanks alot ! We love you !
help us thanks your sister yeah (:

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Bee Bee

Don't be embarrassed. You can't help it if you have problems with your immune system. Scuba has alot of allergy problems and our Doggie Doctor suggested a rice and ground turkey diet. Of course she gets raw meat and roasted chicken sometimes. Anyway good luck finding out what you're allergic too.

Desert Pups

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bee Bee!
Now we know about your diet. Sure I hope it works for you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza